After 5 trips to 5 different cities, 66 total hours in a car, 6 hours on a plane and 28 total miles on a kayak, I am finally home to stay (for now at least).
I’ve really enjoyed my time gallivanting around but I’m super pumped to be back for the foreseeable future. It really stinks not being in your routine for so long (spending $$$ for a gym that’ll probably ask if you’re looking for a membership when you walk back in) (moving all your hair products into tiny travel size containers and then not being able to get the last little bit out, (it’s expensive product, I really need that last drop!)) (pupper treats everytime I walk in as a time to howl and lecture me about being gone for too long), but overall I’m thankful for the time I’ve spent making memories with people I love.
This has all come at a good time in my life I guess. There’s always that saying that if not now, then when? I’m a big believer in pursuing opportunities, whether it be traveling or career opportunities, church or volunteer opportunities, etc. But this has also come at a time when I definitely feel that still, small voice telling me to go deeper. I feel like my life has literally been so on-the-go that I’m just too busy. It’s not like I’ve been too busy on my phone scrolling through hours of Instagram, but really, I have made myself feel too busy.
How hard is it to wake up 10 minutes earlier (actually get out of bed when I’m supposed to) and just start my day with some quiet time with the Lord? Turns out, it’s really not. While I’m finally getting back into the groove of things here, I’m determined to make that still, small voice the loudest thing in my life.
Things have felt so haywire in my life and I’ve been extremely stressed out. There’s so much on my mind and so much really weighing on my shoulders – more to come if it all works out *fingers crossed emoji* – and no wonder I’ve felt this chaos! In the stress of my packing, traveling, attending events, etc., I was really only fitting my prayer time into my schedule while I was doing something like driving, or getting ready in the morning. Truth be told, I’ve learned to give myself a little bit of grace here because I used to be too hard on myself about this. But with where I’m at in my walk with God, I feel like it’s not enough. It truly causes frustration and chaos because I KNOW what I should be doing but the longer I put it off, the crazier and more chaotic things become. It’s really a horrible cycle LOL.
So here’s to breaking the cycle, because if not now, then when?
My tips for the perfect quiet time with Jesus:
- Lay out your outfit for work/school/etc. the night before.
- Pack your lunch/drink the night before.
- Set that coffee maker on automatic! If it’s not already, join us in 2017 *hehe
- Wake up to the first alarm. Don’t be late for Jesus!
- Don’t feel like you have to travail every single time. There are times when it’ll naturally happen but seriously don’t make yourself feel like ‘oh I gotta sit here for the next hour because it’s just what I have to do’
- Change your perspective about it. Verbally reinforce how you get to wake up and talk to the Lord.
- Don’t stop praying just because you get up off the floor, chair, whatever. Worship and praise are to be continuous in our lives and I find it to be easier to do this when I’m not carrying the guilt of that being my only time with the Lord. (Still working on that ‘giving myself grace’ thing)
Well, hopefully this helps someone, if not then at least you know why I’ve been MIA.
Have you gone on any fun summer trips? I’d love to hear about your favorite spots to go!